Heading out for a day of running errands should not come with the anxiety of worrying that you are going to be seriously injured while at the grocery store, shopping mall, or other public places. Unfortunately, accidents can happen anywhere and not all property owners use the same diligence as others when it comes to keeping their establishment safe for their patrons.
After an Injury
If you are injured while on someone else’s property, you may be eligible to receive financial compensation for your losses by seeking the assistance of a premises liability lawyer. The professionals at Elstein Legal are experienced in handling these complicated claims and do everything they can to ensure property owners are held accountable and that their clients are repaid for their losses.
What is Premises Liability?
Premises liability is a type of personal injury law that allows the injured party to hold a neglectful property owner liable for the injuries that resulted from the dangerous conditions on the property.
Some types of premises liability claims:
- Amusement park accidents
- Dog bites and animal attacks
- Elevator or escalator accidents
- Fires started by an existing dangerous condition
- Slip and fall accidents
- Swimming pool accidents
- Toxic chemicals that are on the property due to inadequate safeguarding
Whether you are a resident or just visiting the state, it’s important to know that you may be eligible to receive compensation after filing a personal injury claim. Luckily the professionals at Elstein Legal are experienced with the claims process and can help you through the process.
How To Prove You Have a Valid Premises Liability Claim?
Proving that the property owner is liable for your injuries can certainly be challenging, but your premises liability lawyer can walk you through the process. In order to prove fault, you will have to prove the following:
- The defendant had control over the property – they may be the owner, lessee, occupant, manager, etc.
- There was a duty of care owed to you by the defendant
- The defendant had reasonable time to know about the danger and did not take any steps to resolve the issue
- The property owner’s negligence caused your injuries
- The injuries received have caused damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, etc.
Elstein Legal is well-versed in Florida premises liability law and can help you with each step of the claims process. From gathering evidence to fighting in court, Brian L. Elstein will manage all of the details, leaving you to recover peacefully.
What Should I Do if I’m Injured on Someone Else’s Property?
If you are on another person’s property and end up having an accident that results in injuries, there are some important steps to take immediately following the incident:
- The first thing to do is to assess the scene and take photos. Make sure to take pictures from many different angles. You should also save any clothing from that day that could be used for evidence.
- Speak to the witnesses and collect their contact information so your lawyer can contact them for a statement,
- Inform the property owner of the incident and file an incident report, if possible.
- Contact a premises liability lawyer for advice and to start the claims process.
Why Choose Elstein Legal?
If you need a lawyer to help you file a claim, Elstein Legal will be able to ensure you are fairly compensated for your damages. Contact us for a free consultation.