Boca Raton is a beautiful, bustling city with endless opportunities for recreation, housing, and business. However, the more activities happening daily, the more potential for car accidents are created.
Being injured in a car accident is never pleasant, but is even more frustrating when you are being blamed for a crash you did not cause. If you were injured in a Boca Raton car accident, contact Elstein Legal today to discuss your options.
Boca Raton Car Accident Resources
According to crash reports from Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, the following occurred just in the year 2020:
- Palm Beach County crashes accounted for over 6% of all of the crashes in Florida;
- 22,086 accidents in Palm Beach County resulted in property damage, injury, or death;
- Car accidents in Palm Beach County resulted in 12,839 injuries;
- There were a total of 185 fatalities from car accidents in Palm Beach County.
What is Causing Car Accidents In Florida?
There is a number of factors that result in car accidents in Florida. It may be shocking to see the most common causes listed together, as most of them are easily preventable. Car accidents in Boca Raton are commonly caused by:
- Distracted driving. This is an epidemic of the modern world. Distracted driving can mean usage of one’s cell phone or another electronic device, talking to passengers, eating behind the wheel, or other things that cause you to focus your attention elsewhere while driving.
- Speeding. Speeding violations can involve either driving over the posted speed limit, or driving too fast for existing road conditions.
- Failure to stay in the correct lane. This caused approximately 3,169 injuries in Florida in 2019.
- Not yielding to the right of way. Almost 20,000 people were injured for not yielding properly in Florida in 2019.
- Failing to notice motorcycles or pedestrians. Altogether, motorcycle and pedestrian accidents accounted for 13,279 injuries in Florida in 2020 alone.
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol. In 2020, 188 injuries stemmed from driving under the influence, and 215 fatalities occurred.
How Can You Receive Compensation For Your Injuries?
Florida law requires all drivers to carry Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance. This insurance policy may provide you with no-fault coverage, regardless of who was at fault for the accident. Relatives who live with you, others who borrow your car with permission, pedestrians, and bicyclists are covered by this insurance as well.
That said, there may always be additional questions you have regarding any existing law. That is one of the main reasons legal advice may have a great impact on your case. An experienced Boca Raton car accident lawyer such as Brian L. Elstein can help you with your claim.
Why Choose Elstein Legal?
Seeking compensation can be complex. If you were injured in a car accident through no fault of your own, an attorney can help determine your losses and assist with filing a claim. At Elstein Legal, we have all the experience necessary to work on your case. We have helped a number of clients just like you to recover the compensation they deserved. Contact us today to learn more.