The loss of a loved one doesn’t just cause grief. The consequences of an unexpected death can affect you in many ways for years. Nothing can erase the pain of losing someone you love. However, if their death was the result of someone else’s negligence, you may be able to seek compensation for your related losses. Review your case with a Miami wrongful death lawyer at Elstein Legal to learn more.
Dealing with Wrongful Death
Besides grief and heartbreak, your loved one could’ve been your family’s main financial provider. Losing them will dramatically impact your financial wellbeing. Or, if you lost a spouse with whom you had children, you may struggle to manage all your new responsibilities as you try to raise a family and earn a reasonable income without your spouse’s assistance.
A Miami Wrongful Death Case: What You Need to Know
According to Florida law, you can pursue compensation for your losses “When the death of a person is caused by the wrongful act, negligence, default, or breach of contract or warranty of any person, including those occurring on navigable waters, and the event would have entitled the person injured to maintain an action and recover damages if death had not ensued, the person or watercraft that would have been liable in damages if death had not ensued shall be liable for damages as specified in this act notwithstanding the death of the person injured, although death was caused under circumstances constituting a felony.”
Examples of instances which may justify filing a Miami wrongful death claim or lawsuit include (but are not limited to) the following:
- A loved one dying in an automobile accident someone else caused.
- Death as a result of medical malpractice.
- A defective product causing a death.
- Someone dying in an accident on a property that wasn’t reasonably maintained.
- Accidents at work.
Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer
You’re much more likely to collect the compensation you deserve if you seek representation through a personal injury law firm in Miami. These are just some of the ways a personal injury lawyer in Miami can help in a wrongful death case:
- Accurately identifying who the liable party is.
- Conducting an investigation to generate sufficient evidence proving the liable party’s negligence resulted in your loved one’s death.
- Accounting for your various losses to determine how much compensation you deserve, which can be very difficult in a wrongful death case if you don’t have the proper legal expertise.
- Filing all paperwork accurately and before deadlines.
Additionally, by hiring a Miami wrongful death attorney, you can focus on coping with your new life circumstances after a sudden passing. Your lawyer will handle pursuing the compensation you’re owed.
Why Choose Elstein Legal?
Choosing a wrongful death law firm in Miami can seem challenging. Luckily, it doesn’t have to. Attorney Brian L. Elstein has a proven track record of securing millions of dollars in compensation for past clients. He also understands how sensitive these cases are, offering both aggressive and compassionate representation. Schedule a free consultation today to learn more.