As a consumer, you should expect that any products you buy won’t put you at unreasonable risk of injury. Product designers and manufacturers have a legal responsibility to adhere to established safety standards. If they neglect this responsibility, you could be harmed as a result. You may seek compensation for your losses by filing a Miami product liability claim or lawsuit. A personal injury lawyer at Miami’s Elstein Legal will review your case to determine the most effective strategy.
Miami Product Liability Cases: What You Need to Know
You can pursue compensation from a negligent party in a Miami product liability case for several reasons. They include the following:
- You were injured as a result of a design defect that rendered a product unreasonably dangerous. The product’s designers are responsible for compensating you through their insurance if the defect existed despite the product matching their intended design.
- Sometimes, a product’s design is free of defects, but a manufacturing error results in a dangerous product. In this case, the manufacturer is the liable party.
- Marketing defects can also provide the grounds for filing a Miami product liability claim or lawsuit If those responsible for marketing a product failed to adequately warn consumers of risks associated with using it.
You may be entitled to compensation for a range of losses if defects or errors such as these caused you to sustain injuries. Along with compensation for financial losses, such as medical bills, you may also be entitled to compensation for non-financial losses, such as pain and suffering.
However, if you work with the liable party’s insurance company directly, securing the compensation to which you’re entitled may be a challenge. The following are just some ways they might defend themselves when you file a claim:
- You injured yourself because you used the product in a manner that wasn’t intended by the designers and/or manufacturers.
- You were aware of certain risks when using a product.
- The product’s defect wasn’t the actual cause of your injury.
For instance, when seeking compensation, you may have to prove that you were using the product as intended, but you were nevertheless injured. This is much easier to do when you coordinate with a personal injury law firm in Miami. A Miami product liability lawyer will help you collect evidence to support your version of the story.
Your Miami product liability attorney will also have access to the resources needed to conduct a thorough investigation. It’s not always clear who was negligent when a defective product causes injury. A lawyer can help you determine whether the negligent party was the designer, manufacturer, or marketing team, ensuring you pursue compensation from the appropriate parties.
Why Choose Elstein Legal to Represent your Case?
Since opening Elstein Legal in 2018, Miami personal injury attorney Brian L. Elstein has recovered millions on behalf of his deserving clients. A cum laude graduate of Nova Southeastern University, Brian Elstein honed his skills early as a member of the Nova Trial Association.
Today, he is recognized by The National Trial Lawyers as a Top 40 Under 40 Lawyer in Florida and has been selected to the 2022-2023 Florida Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers Magazine – a distinction given to only 2.5% of attorneys in Florida, and named 2022 Best Litigation Attorney by Expertise.com.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
If you have injuries due to someone else’s negligent behavior, you deserve compensation to help recover from your injuries. At Elstein Legal, we can help you with all aspects of your claim, including going to trial if necessary to ensure you get what you need.
Call us at (305) 299-2835 or contact us today for a free consultation to discuss your case. There is no fee unless we win your case.