At Elstein Legal, our Miami Uber accident lawyers understand the complex elements often present when bringing forward an Uber accident claim. Our founder Brian L. Elstein can work with you to determine the specific laws that apply after your Uber accident in Miami and the best way to get the compensation you deserve.
Uber Accidents in Miami
Most Miami residents and tourists visiting the city have used Uber, and for some, it’s their preferred way of getting around Magic City. However, accidents are common when using rideshare services and there are specific things to know in the case of an accident in an Uber.
While Uber does provide very robust insurance protection for their drivers, there are always loopholes and caveats that can create issues for the victim. This may make it challenging to recover damages.
What To Do if You’re Injured in an Uber Accident in Miami
If you have just been involved in an accident in Miami, you should take a moment to gather yourself and keep your potential claim in mind. Take some preliminary measures to protect yourself such as:
- Get the contact and insurance information for all drivers involved, but do not discuss the accident and do not apologize.
- Take pictures of the accident, the vehicles, injuries, and damaged property.
- Get witness contact information and statements if possible.
- Immediately get medical attention, even if you feel it’s not needed. If you cannot establish your injuries as fact, your claim is likely to fail.
Common Injuries in Miami Uber Accidents
In an Uber accident in the Miami area, there are a wide variety of injuries that can result and they can range from relatively minor to life-changing and leave you with possible permanent effects. Injuries can include:
- Soft tissue injuries like bruises, lacerations, and abrasions are very often painful, however, in most cases, they only require a minimum of medical attention.
- Broken bones and fractures can be incredibly painful and require several weeks to months to heal and recover. Additionally, they may require braces and casts to heal properly.
- The most serious injuries are those that involve the head and spine. Concussions, brain injuries, spinal fractures, disc damage, and even paralysis are common with these injuries.
Why Hire a Miami Uber Accident Lawyer?
At Elstein Legal, we have the experience you need to work toward the best outcome possible when you are injured after an Uber accident in Miami. We’ve recovered millions of dollars for our clients, and we’re here to protect your rights with aggressive legal representation.
At Elstein Legal, we can help you with your Miami Uber accident claim by:
- Reporting the accident to Uber and any other insurance companies involved
- Investigating what insurance policies may apply to the claim
- Knowing how to access the insurance policies that may pay the claim
- Understanding your obligations when it comes to the no-fault claims process
- Determining what the case is worth and how to document it
- Evidence-gathering and building the claim
- Negotiating a fair result with insurance companies
- Taking the case to trial if necessary
We have the experience to evaluate your unique situation and determine the best option for you with our personalized case approach.
The benefits of working with Elstein Legal on your Uber accident claim include:
- A free consultation to discuss the facts of your Uber crash, explore possible legal options for recovery, and answer your questions
- A personalized case approach that allows us to work toward the best result for you
- Honest legal advice that gives you the whole picture of what you will need to recover
- Representation for your Uber accident case on a contingency fee basis, with no fee unless you win
- A dedication to the philosophy that no case is too large or small and providing quality legal representation to all Miami accident victims
- Recognition from The National Trial Lawyers, Top 40 Under 40 Lawyers in Florida
Our founder, Brian L. Elstein, Esq., has experience working as general counsel for a lending company and working for a large law firm. This background is crucial for defending against insurance company tactics, especially in Uber accident claims, to reduce your settlement.
What Is an Uber Accident Lawsuit?
An Uber accident lawsuit is a claim for financial compensation after a crash in an Uber rideshare leaves you with injuries. Victims may have a legal right to monetary compensation from Uber or from any one of the many insurance policies that may be in play.
Do I Need to File an Uber Accident Lawsuit?
Uber offers a $1 million insurance policy that may cover losses without needing to file a lawsuit. Other insurance policies may also pay on a claim. However, if the insurance companies do not pay an adequate amount based on allowable losses, you may need to file an Uber accident lawsuit.
In addition, you may have rights to compensation that are not fully covered by insurance. In that case, it may be necessary to file a lawsuit to assert your rights to all of the compensation you deserve.
Types of Compensation You Can Recover After an Uber Accident in Miami
There are various types of compensation you can receive for an Uber accident in Miami, including:
- Costs for emergency visits to the hospital
- Cost for any specialist care or surgeries you may need
- Medication required for your injury recovery
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Any other losses you may have related to the accident
With Florida no-fault laws, the compensation available may vary based on the severity of the injuries.
Florida Uber Accident Laws and Insurance
Florida Uber accident laws are part of the car accident laws that apply throughout Florida. While Uber has insurance to cover accidents in certain circumstances, drivers and even passengers may also have applicable policies. Florida is a no-fault state, and a PIP claim may provide fast access to medical benefits. PIP benefits may also cover lost wages.
Florida Uber Crash Insurance Coverage
The amount of coverage offered by Uber after an accident depends on the driver’s status at the time of the crash.
- App Off – When the app is turned off, and the driver is not seeking a ride, their personal insurance applies. Uber provides no coverage.
- App On – If the app is on and the driver is waiting for a ride request, the driver’s insurance is primary. After that, Uber provides $50,000 in bodily injury per person, $100,000 in bodily injury per accident, and $25,000 in property damage per accident.
- During a Trip – Once a trip has been accepted and throughout the trip, Uber provides up to $1 million in third-party accident liability. They also offer uninsured and underinsured coverage, contingent, comprehensive, and collision coverage. Coverage for property damage may include up to the cash value of the car, and a deductible may apply.
With the multiple insurance policies in play, one of the challenges in Uber accident cases is determining which insurance policies apply. It can be challenging to identify what each policy covers, which is primary, and how Florida’s PIP no-fault laws apply. We can work with you to sort through these challenges and help you streamline the compensation process for your benefit.
Why Choose Elstein Legal to Represent your Case?
Since opening Elstein Legal in 2018, Miami personal injury attorney Brian L. Elstein has recovered millions on behalf of his deserving clients. A cum laude graduate of Nova Southeastern University, Brian Elstein honed his skills early as a member of the Nova Trial Association.
Today, he is recognized by The National Trial Lawyers as a Top 40 Under 40 Lawyer in Florida and has been selected to the 2022-2023 Florida Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers Magazine – a distinction given to only 2.5% of attorneys in Florida, and named 2022 Best Litigation Attorney by Expertise.com.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
If you have injuries due to someone else’s negligent behavior, you deserve compensation to help recover from your injuries. At Elstein Legal, we can help you with all aspects of your claim, including going to trial if necessary to ensure you get what you need.
Call us at (305) 299-2835 or contact us today for a free consultation to discuss your case. There is no fee unless we win your case.