A popular way to spend the week, a cruise should be a relaxing opportunity to unwind and see parts of the world you rarely get to visit. It should not be an experience that leaves you with significant injuries.
Unfortunately, accidents can occur on cruise ships. If you were injured on a cruise in the Boca Raton area, it may have been caused by someone’s negligence.
You likely deserve to be compensated for your medical bills and other losses accordingly if this is the case. Learn more about your legal options by consulting with our Boca Raton cruise ship accidents attorney at Elstein Legal. If you are entitled to compensation, you can optimize your chances of recovering what you are owed by enlisting the help of an experienced personal injury lawyer.
Boca Raton Cruise Ship Accident Cases: Important Information
When you picture a cruise ship accident, you may imagine a major catastrophe that leaves scores of passengers injured or killed. However, Boca Raton cruise ship accidents can take many forms. Examples include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Slip and falls on a cruise ship;
- A passenger becoming ill after eating contaminated or expired food on a cruise;
- A passenger being the victim of assault;
- Swimming accidents.
Florida law requires the owners and operators of cruise ship lines to exercise “reasonable care” to prevent such incidents. For instance, a cruise ship company must strive to hire law-abiding employees who are not likely to assault passengers. They must also train employees to monitor for hazards that can cause slip and falls and similar accidents.
Coordinate with a personal injury law firm near Boca Raton if you were injured on a cruise and suspect the company was negligent. A Boca Raton cruise ship accident attorney can review the details of your case. If we find you have the justification to file a claim, we will help you pursue compensation by offering aggressive representation.
How a Cruise Ship Accident Law Firm Can Help
Your Boca Raton cruise ship accident lawyer may play many roles in your case. We can help by:
- Investigating the circumstances surrounding your accident to gather evidence showing it was the result of negligence;
- Evaluating your losses resulting from the accident (some of which may not be strictly economic or financial) to determine how much money you may be entitled to;
- Filing a claim, handling all necessary paperwork;
- Negotiating with insurers for a fair settlement;
- Corresponding with medical professionals and other specialists if necessary;
- Handling all major steps of the process so that you can focus on your recovery.
Why Choose Elstein Legal?
Before starting his own personal injury law firm near Boca Raton, Brian L. Elstein worked for another major firm in the area. He spent years handling cases that offered an inside look into the way insurance companies and negligent parties try to minimize compensation for victims. To learn how we can leverage this unique degree of expertise to help you, contact us online today to schedule your free consultation.