Most people have experienced some type of minor burn. Burns and fire injuries can happen in a number of ways and can be quite painful. When it comes to severe burns, the outcome can be devastating for the victim.
If you suffered a Delray Beach burn/fire injury, consider consulting an attorney. A lawyer will be able to evaluate your claim and explain your options for seeking compensation.
Burn/Fire Injury Resources
Thousands of people in the US are treated for burns every year. Even when treatment is successful, the victim is likely to experience significant pain and disability. When you consider the cost of treatment and the potential time away from work, burn/fire injuries can result in financial loss.
Elstein Legal is a personal injury law firm in Delray Beach that knows how difficult these burn injuries can be. We want to assist victims in their pursuit of justice and help secure the compensation they most likely deserve.
Common Types of Burns
The severity of the injury can vary significantly depending on the type of burn. Medical professionals classify burns using a scale that indicates severity:
- First Degree. This type of burns are often known as superficial. They can cause some minor pain, inflammation, and redness and can often be treated at home. First-degree burns do not typically lead to long-term disability or scarring.
- Second Degree. Second-degree burns are more severe since they penetrate past the top layer of the skin. These may be more painful than first-degree burns and may cause redness, swelling, inflammation, and blistering.
- Third Degree. More severe, third-degree burns may affect every layer of skin and result in skin that is white or black. Along with discoloration, pain, and inflammation, another outcome of third-degree burns can be nerve damage.
There are also fourth-degree burns and beyond. The reason these types of burns are less discussed is that they are less common. Burns that are beyond third-degree go beyond layers of skin and into damaging tendons, muscles, and possibly even bones.
Damages for Burn/Fire Injuries
For the best outcome, you may need a burn/fire injury law firm in Delray Beach to assist with estimating the damages. Burn and fire injuries result in a range of losses, determining which takes experience. The following are some of the types of damages that might apply to this type of claim:
- Medical bills,
- Lost wages (salary you are not receiving since you are unable to work),
- Property damage,
- Scarring and disfigurement.
Why Choose Elstein Legal to Represent your Case?
Since opening Elstein Legal in 2018, Miami personal injury attorney Brian L. Elstein has recovered millions on behalf of his deserving clients. A cum laude graduate of Nova Southeastern University, Brian Elstein honed his skills early as a member of the Nova Trial Association.
Today, he is recognized by The National Trial Lawyers as a Top 40 Under 40 Lawyer in Florida and has been selected to the 2022-2023 Florida Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers Magazine – a distinction given to only 2.5% of attorneys in Florida, and named 2022 Best Litigation Attorney by Expertise.com.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
If you have injuries due to someone else’s negligent behavior, you deserve compensation to help recover from your injuries. At Elstein Legal, we can help you with all aspects of your claim, including going to trial if necessary to ensure you get what you need.
Call us at (305) 299-2835 or contact us today for a free consultation to discuss your case. There is no fee unless we win your case.