Going on a cruise is a common dream vacation. The last thing people want or expect is to get seriously injured on their trip. Unfortunately, severe injuries are common on cruise ships, and they are often due to negligence. If you were injured on a cruise ship, contact our Delray Beach cruise ship accidents law firm.
When you watch a commercial or look at a brochure for a cruise line, all you see are beautiful pictures of pristine conditions on the ship. An accident that leads to serious injury is the last thing that comes to mind. Truthfully, many potential dangers exist on cruises.
Most common injuries on cruise ships:
- Slip and fall accidents. These are some of the most common injuries on cruise ships. People who are not used to the movement of a ship are at risk of falling while walking. Wet floors are also common on cruise ships, especially near pool areas or bars. Employees should be checking the floors for wet areas, and putting up signs to warn passengers of the danger.
- Swimming accidents. If safety rules are not posted, or hazards exist that should have been taken care of by cruise ship staff, they could be liable for injuries in swimming areas.
- Assault by crew members or other passengers. Cruise ship owners and management have a duty to keep their passengers safe. If adequate security measures are not taken, the risk of violence may increase.
- Injuries during excursions. Cruise line companies may be liable for passenger injuries on cruise-approved activities such as boating, scuba diving, or parasailing.
- Foodborne pathogens leading to illness. While motion sickness is common amongst those who travel on boats, it may be mistaken for food poisoning. Cruise lines are responsible for making sure the food served on-board is cooked properly and safe to eat.
Why Choose Elstein Legal to Represent your Case?
Since opening Elstein Legal in 2018, Miami personal injury attorney Brian L. Elstein has recovered millions on behalf of his deserving clients. A cum laude graduate of Nova Southeastern University, Brian Elstein honed his skills early as a member of the Nova Trial Association.
Today, he is recognized by The National Trial Lawyers as a Top 40 Under 40 Lawyer in Florida and has been selected to the 2022-2023 Florida Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers Magazine – a distinction given to only 2.5% of attorneys in Florida, and named 2022 Best Litigation Attorney by Expertise.com.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
If you have injuries due to someone else’s negligent behavior, you deserve compensation to help recover from your injuries. At Elstein Legal, we can help you with all aspects of your claim, including going to trial if necessary to ensure you get what you need.
Call us at (305) 299-2835 or contact us today for a free consultation to discuss your case. There is no fee unless we win your case.