When you get into a car, you are aware of the risks that driving a vehicle can have. But it’s hard to imagine that a morning walk or errand could end up in serious injury, and potentially change your life forever. In 2004, 4,641 pedestrians died and over 70,000 more were injured by cars in the United States. Pedestrian accidents are particularly common in dangerous intersections and areas that are not well-lit. This rings for the causes of accidents in Hialeah as well. The personal injury team at Elstein Legal is well-versed in handling injury claims resulting from pedestrian accidents. If you have been hurt in this type of incident, read on for more information and then call to set up a free consultation as soon as possible.
Types of Pedestrian Accidents in Hialeah
- Distracted driving: Texting, along with any cell phone use while driving is a huge factor in pedestrian accidents in Hialeah.
- Poor visibility: Rain, fog, or darkness are all common causes of accidents, as it makes it difficult for drivers to see pedestrians.
- Malfunctioning lights: When street lights aren’t functioning properly, the risk of car and pedestrian accidents increases significantly. If your light turns green when a pedestrian light is stuck on “walk”, the results could be deadly.
- Failing to yield: A lot of accidents are caused by drivers who fail to respect the right of way for pedestrians.
- Drug/alcohol intoxication: Anything that impairs the ability to drive or walk safely exponentially increases the potential for accidents. Almost 40% of all pedestrians who die were intoxicated at the time of the accident.
Hialeah Pedestrian Accident Aftermath
Pedestrian accidents can cause many injuries, from minor to more serious. A large percentage of injuries occur in the lower half of the body since that’s where the impact usually happens when a car hits you. Therefore, some of the most common injuries include broken bones, hip and pelvis fractures, broken bones, and deep lacerations. Other injuries, like the neck, shoulder, back, and head trauma can occur from either a fall after impact or from rolling onto the windshield or the hood of the car.
Along with the long physical recovery period of some of these injuries, the financial impact can be devastating. Medical costs, from doctor’s visits, potential surgeries, and physical therapy, tend to be exponential. And depending on the length of recovery, you could suffer from an extended loss of income. This is where Elstein Legal comes in.
Why Choose Elstein Legal to Represent your Case?
Since opening Elstein Legal in 2018, Miami personal injury attorney Brian L. Elstein has recovered millions on behalf of his deserving clients. A cum laude graduate of Nova Southeastern University, Brian Elstein honed his skills early as a member of the Nova Trial Association.
Today, he is recognized by The National Trial Lawyers as a Top 40 Under 40 Lawyer in Florida and has been selected to the 2022-2023 Florida Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers Magazine – a distinction given to only 2.5% of attorneys in Florida, and named 2022 Best Litigation Attorney by Expertise.com.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
If you have injuries due to someone else’s negligent behavior, you deserve compensation to help recover from your injuries. At Elstein Legal, we can help you with all aspects of your claim, including going to trial if necessary to ensure you get what you need.
Call us at (305) 299-2835 or contact us today for a free consultation to discuss your case. There is no fee unless we win your case.