When you get into a car, you are aware of the risks that driving a vehicle can have. But it’s hard to imagine that a morning walk or errand could end up in serious injury, and potentially change your life forever. In 2004, 4,641 pedestrians died and over 70,000 more were injured by cars in the United States. Pedestrian accidents are particularly common in dangerous intersections and areas that are not well-lit. This rings for the causes of accidents in Hialeah as well. The personal injury team at Elstein Legal is well-versed in handling injury claims resulting from pedestrian accidents. If you have been hurt in this type of incident, read on for more information and then call to set up a free consultation as soon as possible.
Types of Pedestrian Accidents in Hialeah
- Distracted driving: Texting, along with any cell phone use while driving is a huge factor in pedestrian accidents in Hialeah.
- Poor visibility: Rain, fog, or darkness are all common causes of accidents, as it makes it difficult for drivers to see pedestrians.
- Malfunctioning lights: When street lights aren’t functioning properly, the risk of car and pedestrian accidents increases significantly. If your light turns green when a pedestrian light is stuck on “walk”, the results could be deadly.
- Failing to yield: A lot of accidents are caused by drivers who fail to respect the right of way for pedestrians.
- Drug/alcohol intoxication: Anything that impairs the ability to drive or walk safely exponentially increases the potential for accidents. Almost 40% of all pedestrians who die were intoxicated at the time of the accident.
Hialeah Pedestrian Accident Aftermath
Pedestrian accidents can cause many injuries, from minor to more serious. A large percentage of injuries occur in the lower half of the body since that’s where the impact usually happens when a car hits you. Therefore, some of the most common injuries include broken bones, hip and pelvis fractures, broken bones, and deep lacerations. Other injuries, like the neck, shoulder, back, and head trauma can occur from either a fall after impact or from rolling onto the windshield or the hood of the car.
Along with the long physical recovery period of some of these injuries, the financial impact can be devastating. Medical costs, from doctor’s visits, potential surgeries, and physical therapy, tend to be exponential. And depending on the length of recovery, you could suffer from an extended loss of income. This is where Elstein Legal comes in.
Why Choose Elstein Legal?
Brian L. Elstein is an experienced pedestrian accident attorney with his own legal firm in Florida. Over the years he has helped many of his clients obtain significant settlements to help recoup their losses after harrowing accidents. Insurance companies are notorious for only paying out what they absolutely need to. When you’re going through a tough recovery, it’s a relief to have someone to help you navigate through the legal process and advocate for you. So if you or someone you love has been in a pedestrian accident in Hialeah, call Elstein Legal today to schedule your free consultation.