Train accidents aren’t something that you hear about every day. Although train usage has gone down for passengers in recent years, railroad tracks still get a fair amount of traffic from transporting freight as well. Along with this regular usage, trains still cause a surprising amount of injuries and deaths.
Train Accident Resources
The Brightline Railroad in Florida, for instance, was named the nation’s deadliest railroad in 2020. 40 people lost their lives in the first 2 years of its operation, and many more have been injured.Train companies have an obligation to keep their customers safe while carrying them, and to avoid putting the public at risk as well. When the business fails to perform this essential legal duty, it can make them liable for any injuries caused by their actions (or inaction). If you’ve been injured in a train accident, Elstein Legal wants to hear about it.
What Can Cause Train Accidents in Hialeah?
The Federal Railroad Administration, (FRA) states that the majority of train accidents in the US are due to human error. Some of the common mistakes that people make that lead to train accidents include not following orders, giving poor instructions to the crew, improper use of brakes, employee fatigue and mishandling of hand brakes.
Here are some common types of accidents caused by trains that occur regularly:
- Derailments: This can happen for many reasons, including high speeds, weather conditions, condition of the tracks and miscellaneous engineer error.
- Car accidents: Malfunctioning railway crossing signals and cars that try to cross the tracks too late are common causes of train accidents.
- Mechanical or electrical failure: These kinds of issues can lead to derailment, injuring both passengers and potentially pedestrians or cars around the tracks.
- Faulty tracks: Defects in track structure is one of the leading causes of train accidents, behind human error.
Some of the other claims relating to train accidents that are dealt with regularly by Elstein Legal include injuries that happen within the train, such as slips, trips and falls. Some of the reasons for falls on a train include:
- Slippery floors: Employees should be checking to make sure that the floors aren’t wet or slippery to avoid falls.
- Loose cables: Any potential tripping hazards such as cables or cords should never be left out in areas where passengers walk.
- Trash and other debris on the floor: Employees are supposed to monitor the passenger areas for trash and other objects that might be blocking the walkways to avoid injuries.
- Poor lighting: While inspecting the train before trips, employees should check to make sure all the lights are working properly. Poor lighting can make it difficult for people to see objects in their way and affect depth perception for some people.
Why Choose Elstein Legal to Represent your Case?
Since opening Elstein Legal in 2018, Brian L. Elstein has recovered millions on behalf of his deserving clients. A cum laude graduate of Nova Southeastern University, Brian Elstein honed his skills early as a member of the Nova Trial Association.
Today, he is recognized by The National Trial Lawyers as a Top 40 Under 40 Lawyer in Florida and has been selected to the 2022-2023 Florida Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers Magazine – a distinction given to only 2.5% of attorneys in Florida, and named 2022 Best Litigation Attorney by Expertise.com.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
If you have injuries due to someone else’s negligent behavior, you deserve compensation to help recover from your injuries. At Elstein Legal, we can help you with all aspects of your claim, including going to trial if necessary to ensure you get what you need.
Call us at (305) 299-2835 or contact us today for a free consultation to discuss your case. There is no fee unless we win your case.