Uber’s rise to popularity has solved transportation issues for a lot of people. Ride-sharing is a convenient method for commuters, college students, and bar hoppers to get around any time – day or night. While the benefits are clear, using Uber has also brought up some questions that regular users may not know the answers to. For instance – what if your driver is in an accident during your Uber trip? And what happens if you’re injured in the accident? At Elstein Legal, we know exactly how to answer these questions, and help you get the compensation you deserve.
Are Accident Injuries Covered by Uber in Hialeah?
Your coverage will rely on several factors. Here’s how Uber breaks it down:
- If the driver is offline: If the driver is not online, their personal auto insurance would have to be used in the event of an accident.
- If the driver’s app is on, without a passenger: If the driver is online and waiting for ride requests, Uber may cover an accident in some cases, if the driver’s private car insurance doesn’t cover it.
- If the driver is en route to, or with a passenger: If the driver has accepted a ride request and is either on their way to pick up the passenger, or the customer is in the car, you may be covered by Uber’s $1,000,000 third-party liability insurance.
Besides the drivers’ status at the time of the accident, there are other factors that come into play in an Uber crash. For more information, contact Elstein Legal. Our personal injury law firm in Hialeah offers free consultations with no obligation to pursue a claim.
Can I Sue Uber for Personal Injury after a Hialeah Uber Accident?
Florida law includes a statute of vicarious liability for injuries caused by an employee. This means that if an employee is performing a duty within the scope of their job and causes an injury, their employer could be held responsible for damages. However, drivers who work for Uber are technically not employees of the company. Instead, they are classified as independent contractors. This protects Uber from personal injury lawsuits in many cases. This is why it’s important to have a legal professional on your side when you file a personal injury claim against Uber in Hialeah. This is where Elstein Legal comes in.
Why Choose Elstein Legal?
Brian L. Elstein is an accomplished personal injury lawyer in Hialeah. His extensive education and experience in several practice areas make him the best choice for pursuing legal action in any personal injury lawsuit. When you choose Elstein Legal for your claim, we will:
- Help you determine the best course of action for your situation. Our legal team will advise you on how to best proceed with your case in a way that benefits you.
- Guide you through the claims process: When you’ve been in an accident, the last thing you want to do is battle with legal forms and translate complicated correspondence from insurance companies.
- Maximize your compensation. We will negotiate with insurance companies to ensure that you recover the amount you deserve for your injuries.
Call Elstein Legal today for a free consultation, and find out how we can help to recoup your losses.