In a case where slip and fall negligence is determined, you can file a lawsuit in West Palm Beach with a slip and fall lawyer at Elstein Legal and might be entitled to monetary compensation. For many people, slip and fall injuries do not sound that bad. But slip and fall accidents can be severe and cause long-term injuries and damage. If someone does not keep their home or place of business in good condition and you slip and fall, they may be held negligible for your accident.
West Palm Beach Slip & Fall Resources
Typically, property owners have some personal injury insurance that covers accidents on their property. However, in some cases, the insurance payouts may not be enough to recover your costs. In these cases, your best option is to get in touch with a qualified West Palm Beach slip and fall lawyer to oversee your slip and fall case. An experienced lawyer can be the difference between successfully winning a suit and having your case dismissed. Contact Elstein Legal today to get a free evaluation of your slip and fall case.
Slip and Fall Lawsuits in West Palm Beach
Slip and fall injury medical costs amount to more than $30 billion per year and many people end up hospitalized due to slipping and falling. If someone’s negligence caused your injury, then you could file a lawsuit and may be entitled to financial compensation for any injuries.
In general, negligence in the context of a slip and fall case can be established if:
- The owner either knew of the unsafe conditions or should have known that the conditions existed based on a reasonable standard of care, and
- The hazardous conditions are what caused the accident resulting in the victim’s injuries.
The critical part of this definition is establishing that the defendant had a reasonable standard of care and breached that standard through some action or inaction. For example, if you fall in an ice cream store due to a puddle of water on the ground, that may be grounds for a negligence suit because the store owner has a reasonable duty of care to clean those kinds of unsafe conditions up. Negligence would be established if the owner knew about the dangerous conditions or that they would have known of the hazardous conditions if they exercised a reasonable standard of care.
How Can a Slip and Fall Injury Attorney Help?
A slip and fall attorney in the West Palm Beach area at Elstein Legal can help you receive monetary compensation for damages. Several strategies and slip and fall attorney might employ include:
- Visiting and documenting the scene of the accident
- Determining whether the owner of the property knew about the unsafe conditions
- Determine whether or not the owner met a reasonable standard of care when inspecting for unsafe conditions
- Survey and question witnesses
- Determine how long the dangerous conditions existed
- Review footage of the accident, if available
- Review a history of maintenance and upkeep on the property